[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ clustering and node failure recovery strategies

Armax armamig at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Oct 6 10:26:57 BST 2010

Hi,

I have been reading the mailing list to gather information about scalable
and HA configurations for RabbitMQ. From my understanding, I assune that if
a RabbitMQ node in a cluster fails all the queues and messages on that node
will be lost until the node is not recovered and any attempt of re-creating
the queues on another node is forbidden by the cluster implementation. Is
still the case in the latest RabbitMQ release?

I was thinking about fail-over strategies and I was wondering if there is
any way to say to the cluster to forget about the binding (queue-cluster
node) after the failure. If I did that, then I could re-create the queue on
another node.

If this is not available, is there a specific reason why this is not
possible?

Many thanks and keep up the good work :)