[rabbitmq-discuss] Using Toke

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Mon Oct 4 23:13:22 BST 2010

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 01:53:15PM -0500, tsuraan wrote:
> Ok, so it looks like it was due to this.

Yup, I was in a rehearsal so couldn't reply but yes, your erlang client
also needed to be on bug23274 - or for you to make the change you
figured out ;)

> For toke to build, I had to change
> its makefile so that CFLAGS was set to
> "-I/usr/lib64/erlang/usr/include/"; apparently gentoo doesn't put
> erlang headers into the common include dir.

Good to know - I'll try and incorporate that somehow.

> Erlang also doesn't
> appear to do the pkgconfig thing, so I'm not sure how you can automate
> the detection of the header paths.  Anyhow, off to testing now :)

Excellent. You'll find it's a bit slower than ets but that's inevitable
as it's disk and not RAM.

Matthew