[rabbitmq-discuss] Message persistence problems?

DandyLoon at gmail.com DandyLoon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 22:32:56 BST 2010

I've got a stock rabbitmq 2.1.0 installation on CentOS with no extra
plugins or configuration beyond setting up ip/port/etc.

I'm having a problem with message persistence - I can send and receive
messages with delivery_mode=2 and verify that rabbit's temp files grow and
shrink as expected. If I run 'rabbitmqctl stop' while there are persistent
messages in the queue and then restart rabbit, those messages are still in
the queue when the broker comes back up. If I kill -9 the erlang processes
instead of doing a clean shutdown (testing a crash scenario), the queue
comes back up empty. Is this expected behavior?