[rabbitmq-discuss] use of an NFS for broker failover

Marek Majkowski majek04 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 10:22:06 BST 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 17:37, Shane <shane at digitalsanctum.com> wrote:
> Given two brokers (Broker A and Broker B) use the same file system
> space via NFS and the following events occur:
>
> 1. Broker A goes down with producers/consumers connected to it.
> 2. Broker B starts up
> 3. Producers/consumers reconnect to Broker B.
>
> All exchanges/queues are created upon startup of the producers/
> consumers.
>
> What else should I be considering to achieve failover?

That sounds good. NFS may not be the best tool for this job, but
it might just work. Do make sure that at no point two Rabbits
are using the same data. You may also find the "reconnect"
bit hard, how will your clients know which Rabbit to connect to?

Have you looked at our Pacemaker tutorial?
http://www.rabbitmq.com/pacemaker.html

Cheers,
    Marek