[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ clustering

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Sun Nov 28 14:32:18 GMT 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 06:05:52PM +0530, Kshitiz Garg wrote:
> Can someone present a pictorial representation of 4-5 Rabbit MQ nodes with
> Clustering and HA (it can also go on the RabbitMQ site). I wanted to know
> about a RabbitMQ setup which is able to handle millions of messages.

Can you elaborate on "millions of messages"? A single Rabbit node can do
about 2 bn msgs/day under certain conditions. What is the nature of your
requirements for HA - are you writing every message to disk and thus
need Rabbit to guarantee that messages are not lost even in the event of
failure, or are the messages more transient but you require HA in terms
of availability of Rabbit/AMQP service?

Matthew