[rabbitmq-discuss] .Net Cilent/1.8.0: IModel.QueueDelete not working?

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Fri Nov 26 09:06:48 GMT 2010

Ovidiu Deac <ovidiudeac at gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 1:11 PM, David Wragg <david at rabbitmq.com> wrote:
>> In AMQP, the broker signals channel-level errors as part of closing the
>> channel.  So there is no way to reuse a channel after an error.  You
>> will need to open a new channel for further operations.
>
> I see. Is this a bug or a feature?

This behaviour is defined in the specification of the AMQP 0-9-1
protocol, so whether it is regarded as a bug or a feature has little
practical significance.  It is not something we can fix in rabbit.

I don't know whether AMQP 1.0 works differently in this area.

--
David Wragg
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ