[rabbitmq-discuss] Working PHP impl. to send and receive?

Gavin Butler gavinbutler at hushmail.com
Sun Nov 14 21:07:51 GMT 2010

Hello list,

Has anyone had success using a AMQP or Stomp PHP client to both
send and receive messages from RabbitMQ?  If so, please could you
post the version of the client/library, and various dependency
versions?

Our RabbitMQ version is 2.1.0, and we have had varying degrees of
success with AMQP and Stomp (if anyone would like more details, I
will gladly provide them):

RabbitMQ-C library extensions (http://code.google.com/p/php-amqp/,
http://code.google.com/p/php-rabbit/): both sent messages with no
problems, though get or consume failed to retrieve any message
content.

Pure PHP AMQP (http://code.google.com/p/php-amqplib/): an
assortment of errors sending.

Fusesource Stomp client
(http://stomp.fusesource.org/documentation/php/index.html): send
and subscribe works, though ack does not (invalid body
terminator...which seems ok: "\x00").

Stomp PHP Extension (http://pecl.php.net/package/stomp): both send
and receive do not work (no errors, but works fine with ActiveMQ,
incidentally).

Zend Stomp: sends and receives, though doesn't appear to coexist
with queues of the same name (and vhost) used by other
producers/consumers.

Thanks,

-gavin