[rabbitmq-discuss] as3-amqp connection failed

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 15:52:47 GMT 2010

Tim,

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Tim Sawyer <list.rabbit at calidris.co.uk> wrote:
> This code used to work - I was running rabbitmq (I think it was version
> 1.7.2) on an old fedora box (9 I think), and the Java and Flex bits were
> running on Windows XP.  Lots of changes in environment since then - are
> any of this likely to have an effect?

The AS3 client hasn't been maintained for a quite a while now, mainly
due to lack of interest.

The client only speaks AMQP 0-8, so it won't work with a 0-9-1 broker
that doesn't handle 0-8 (I'm don't whether the current master branch
of Rabbit has some kind of retro-handling for 0-8).

To get the client to speak 0-9-1 you'd have to run the codegen with
the 0-9-1 spec - assuming that the grammar of the 0-9-1 XML spec is
with the 0-8 grammar - and then recompile the library.

Cheers,

Ben