[rabbitmq-discuss] as3-amqp connection failed

Tim Sawyer list.rabbit at calidris.co.uk
Thu Nov 11 15:03:31 GMT 2010

I think I’m missing something somewhere.

I have a Flex client, deployed and running on a Windows 7 box.  It uses
as3-amqp to receive messages from a rabbitmq server.  Messages are created
from a Java back end, which is also running on the Windows 7 box.  The
rabbitmq server is deployed on fedora 14, installed from the repositories,
and is version 2.1.  I’m running a policy server on the fedora box on port
843 which returns the following crossdomain.xml.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
<cross-domain-policy>
  <site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="master-only"/>
  <allow-access-from domain="*" to-ports="61613,5672" />
</cross-domain-policy>

The Flex part is failing to connect to the amqp server, with the following
error:

Error #2044: Unhandled connectionError:. text=Connection failed
	at org.amqp::Connection()
	at Dashboard/setupAmqpConnection()
	at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
	at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
	at
mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::dispatchRpcEvent()
	at
mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::resultHandler()
	at mx.rpc::Responder/result()
	at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/acknowledge()
	at DirectHTTPMessageResponder/completeHandler()
	at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
	at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
	at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

Without the policy server running, I get:

Error #2044: Unhandled securityError:. text=Error #2048: Security sandbox
violation: http://localhost:8224/Dashboard/Dashboard.swf cannot load data
from nightjar:5672.
	at org.amqp::Connection()
	at Dashboard/setupAmqpConnection()
	at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
	at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
	at
mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::dispatchRpcEvent()
	at
mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::resultHandler()
	at mx.rpc::Responder/result()
	at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/acknowledge()
	at DirectHTTPMessageResponder/completeHandler()
	at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
	at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
	at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

so it does appear to be getting past this check.

I can happily connect from a python script on the windows box, and see the
broadcast messages (my exchange is a fanout) that are being produced from
Java on the same (windows) machine.  These are routing to the fedora box
for rabbitmq, so the communication is fine, and the rabbitmq server is
running.  It just seems to be the Flash/Flex part having trouble.

This code used to work - I was running rabbitmq (I think it was version
1.7.2) on an old fedora box (9 I think), and the Java and Flex bits were
running on Windows XP.  Lots of changes in environment since then - are
any of this likely to have an effect?

Does anyone have any clues where to start looking?  Is anyone out there
using the as3-amqp client?

Thanks,

Tim.