[rabbitmq-discuss] Only 20 req-resps per second

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Thu Nov 11 11:21:27 GMT 2010

ssorted <selfsorted at gmail.com> writes:
> How to debug it further?

In my experience, surprising slowness in applications using TCP sockets
is often due to the Nagle algorithm.  This might not be the cause in
your case, but it's definitely something to eliminate.  I see that
neither pika or py-amqplib set TCP_NODELAY.

So you might want to try adding something like

    sock.setsockopt(SOL_TCP, TCP_NODELAY, 1)

in the appropriate place in one of the libraries, and see if it improves
things for you.

David

--
David Wragg