[rabbitmq-discuss] Help! I broke my it!

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Nov 9 08:54:01 GMT 2010

On 09/11/2010 7:07AM, Michael Bridgen wrote:
> On 09/11/2010 03:20, Nick Perkins wrote:
>> How do I fix it?
>
> Either upgrade RabbitMQ to the same version as the management plugin
> (2.1.1, if you've downloaded the plugin recently), or live without the
> management plugin for now. I don't think it goes as far back as v1.8.0.

 From the reference to "rabbit_mgmt_database" I think Nick was trying to
run a very early version of the management plugin. However, there's no
version early enough to run on 1.x.

Nick, to fix your immediate problem, have you run
rabbitmq-deactivate-plugins? Versions 1.x of RabbitMQ required you to
run rabbitmq-(de)activate-plugins whenever you installed / uninstalled
plugins.

If that doesn't work, I think you should seek out and destroy files
called "rabbit.boot", "rabbit.rel" and "rabbit.script". I can't remember
where 1.x put them though.

Of course, upgrading to 2.1.1 is still recommended :)

Cheers, Simon