[rabbitmq-discuss] JsonRpc and RabbitMQ

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Nov 8 11:07:52 GMT 2010

Hi Christian

On 05/11/10 09:42, Christian Schuhbaum wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> i'm currently trying to use the jsonRpc-Plugin with the rabbitMQ-2.1.1
> server.
> The configuration works fine and the json-rpc examples are working, too.
>
> The only thing, i want to do with the rabbitmq-server is:
> Client -> [put some text] -> rabbitMQ Server
> Other client -> [consume the queue entries] -> rabbitMQ Server
>
> This means, i'm also need the persistence of rabbitmq.
>
> Is there any documentation out there, about the usage of the
> jsonRpc-methods?
> Basically i just need the same functionallity as the amqp-library gives me.
> Create Channel, create queue, bind queue+channel, add persistence, write
> to the channel (persistent) and read it from an other client.
>
> I found the basic.publish-method in the javascript-library. For example
> a parameter with 12 entries "null". Where do they come? How do i know,
> what parameters are required?
>
> Can anybody help me?

Unfortunately there is not much documentation available for the RabbitMQ
JSON RPC adapter, but the tests provide a good overview of how it is
used, e.g.

http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-jsonrpc-channel/file/default/priv/www-examples/test/test.js

The version of basicPublish() illustrated there takes 3 arguments:
exchange, routing_key and message.

If you wish to send messages in persistent mode then see basicPublish()
in rabbitmq.js which accepts message properties. Set the delivery_mode
property to 2 for persistent messages.

Regards

Emile