[rabbitmq-discuss] How to consume from 10, 000 to 100, 000 queues in a single process (java)

Adam Hitchcock adam.hitchcock at skype.net
Thu Nov 4 20:33:31 GMT 2010

Currently I am using a single threaded process that performs
basic_consume with a custom callback handler (based off the
ConsumerMain.java example)

I am finding that queues are building up because I'm not able to
consume fast enough. So what are the best practices to consume from
thousands to hundres of thousands of queues on a single core machine?

More details:
noAck = true
I am using a single instance of a class extending DefaultConsumer with
an over ridden handleDelivery().
Does anybody have numbers on what the maximum consume rate is on a
stock ec2 setup?