[rabbitmq-discuss] Is it safe to interrupt nextDelivery() ?

Philippe Blayo philippe.blayo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 15:12:37 GMT 2010

Hello,

For our fitnesse tests, we have a thread that consumes messages and is
interrupted after a time out. It is interrupted most of the time in
the blocking call to QueuingConsummer.nextDelivery(). We observe that
there is a pending message that is not taken and not acknowledged :

$ rabbitmqctl list_queues name messages_ready messages_unacknowledged
Listing queues ...
STAT_PRINCIPALE 1       1
...done.

Our consumer receive an InterruptedException via
ExecutorService.shutdownNow() in queue.take() in the QueuingConsummer.
We reuse channels on the same connection but not on two concurrent
threads at a time.

Is there a better way to close the QueuingConsummer.nextDelivery() ?

--
Philippe Blayo & Bruno Thomas