[rabbitmq-discuss] Subscription queue and exchange by event

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Nov 3 10:22:26 GMT 2010

Hi Adam,

On 03/11/10 10:06, Adam Kaminiecki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for how to subscribe queues and exchanges no synchronously
> but by events.  Message come and event fired.
>  I'm sure somebody done it before. Can you tell what changes I need to
> do? Some code will be very usefull.

I assume an asynchronous callback will be sufficient and that you don't
need a .net event. The standard way is to subclass DefaultBasicConsumer
and override HandleBasicDeliver. You can take a look at LowLevelLogTail
for an example of how to do this. You need to be aware of the threading
constraints imposed by this solution, as explained in the .net user guide.

Regards

Emile