[rabbitmq-discuss] Lose messages between restarts of broker

Rudi Wirth rwirth at demandware.com
Mon Nov 1 16:15:42 GMT 2010

Thanks Emile!

> The advice that Matthew gave applies to unacknowledged message too. If
> the publisher commits on a transacted channel then persistent messages
> in a durable queue are guaranteed to be on disk up to the point when
> they get removed from the queue. This includes any period that messages
> spend in an unacknowledged state.

I re-tested and confirmed. I had some unack'd messages still on the queue from an earlier producer session/channel that wasn't transactional; in that case, a consumer can't make "non-transactional" existing data transactional which makes sense of course.

Best
-Rudi
This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain privileged and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, forwarding or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message, all attachments and all copies and backups thereof.