[rabbitmq-discuss] Large Message Timeout on Receive

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon May 31 13:35:31 BST 2010

Ryan,

The .net client currently imposes an arbitrary limit of 32Mb on incoming
messages. If you exceed this size then a BodyTooLongException will be
thrown. Modifying this limit involves changing
MaximumPermittedReceivableBodySize in ContentHeaderBase and recompiling.

In attempting to replicate your results on commodity hardware I was able
to send and receive messages of up to 500Mb before the client ran out of
RAM. Transfers took a few seconds and BasicGet never failed to return.

Can you confirm whether there was any network activity on port 5672
while waiting for BasicGet?
Also, what is the output of "rabbitmqctl list_queues messages_ready
messages_unacknowledged memory" on the broker?

Regards

Emile

Op 28/05/2010 17:56, Teising, Ryan (FICC Principal Technology) het geskryf: