[rabbitmq-discuss] Pika and Channel.Flow

allan bailey zirpubolci at gmail.com
Tue May 25 18:48:35 BST 2010

Matthias,

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:47 PM, Matthias Radestock
<matthias at rabbitmq.com>wrote:

> Allan,
>
> allan bailey wrote:
>
>> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Matthias Radestock <
>> matthias at rabbitmq.com <mailto:matthias at rabbitmq.com>> wrote:
>>    When the memory alarm is raised, RabbitMQ sends a channel.flow on
>>    all channels. There are no delays other than the usual processing
>>    and networking delays.
>>
>> So should I just redeclare my exchange, would that be a sufficient no-op?
>>
>>  I tested it just now and it works to trigger the alert.
>>

> You shouldn't have to do send any other command - if the client library is
> implemented correctly.

Are you suggesting that basic_publish should return something?  From my
brief reading of the protocol it doesn't return anything.

In my code I'm in a tight look just sending messages via basic_publish.  At
no point does basic_publish notice the channel.flow state change.

I'll take a look at the java and/or php clients and see how they handle
this.

-allan