[rabbitmq-discuss] Erlang has closed?

tyler at echonest.com tyler at echonest.com
Wed May 19 15:45:19 BST 2010

On Tue, 18 May 2010, Matthias Radestock wrote:

> tyler at echonest.com wrote:
>> rabbit-sasl.log is completely empty. rabbit.log has a few of the following:
>>
>> =ERROR REPORT==== 18-May-2010::14:22:52 ===
>> exception on TCP connection <0.2078.0> from 192.168.1.138:63015
>> {handshake_timeout,handshake}
>>
>> =INFO REPORT==== 18-May-2010::14:22:53 ===
>> closing TCP connection <0.2078.0> from 192.168.1.138:63015
>>
>> I've posted the last 1000 lines here: http://pastebin.com/bPChQrgN
>
> It looks like you are establishing quite a lot of connections concurrently
> and either the clients or the server is getting too busy to complete the
> connection establishment handshake in the allocated time.
>
> Is the server process busy? And how much memory is it using?
>
> And if you stop connecting - make sure there are no more connection messages
> appearing in the log - does the server eventually recover?
>

> Regards,
>
> Matthias.

The server process does get busy, up to about 80% of the available cpu.
It uses all of the available memory, and crashes shortly after. (Shouldn't
it be pinning the queues to disk automatically, or do i need to use 21444
for that...?)

The server never recovers, even if I kill all producers and most
consumers,  although the beam.smp process hangs on to all
the memory. I'm playing with 21444 now to see if i can replicate this.