[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ on Mac

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Tue May 18 13:24:11 BST 2010

Hi Mutaz,

Mutaz Qasem <mutazmq at gmail.com> writes:
> This is the error output I get in the terminal when I do  sudo
> rabbitmq-server:
>
> {error_logger,{{2010,5,18},{
> 15,23,48}},"Protocol: ~p: register error:
> ~p~n",["inet_tcp",{{badmatch,{error,duplicate_name}},[{inet_tcp_dist,listen,1},{net_kernel,start_protos,4},{net_kernel,start_protos,3},{net_kernel,init_node,2},{net_kernel,init,1},{gen_server,init_it,6},{proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}]}

This error means that another Erlang node with the same name is
already running.  Which probably means that rabbitmq-server is already
running.  Stop the existing rabbit process (probably by just killing
it, if its origin is a mystery), and it should resolve this error.

David

--
David Wragg
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ