[rabbitmq-discuss] publishing inside a transaction before acking

vishnu pathsny at gmail.com
Tue May 18 11:42:47 BST 2010

we have scenarios where we pick up a message at a time, perform a bunch of
operations, publish a new message and then ack the message we just picked
up. Recently we have started to publish the new message inside a transaction
since this guarantees that the message is persisted (it's a persistent
message), since we want to minimize the odds of message loss. However, we
have started to notice that the original message we pick up is marked as
unacknowledged after we complete our process. Is there something
fundamentally wrong in what we're doing, or is our approach correct?

thanks
Vishnu