[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-memcached protocol adapter

Marek Majkowski majek04 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 15:52:38 BST 2010

Hi,

I just found rabbitmq-memcached project, by Flier Lu:
http://code.google.com/p/rabbitmq-memcached/

This project is s simple RabbitMQ plugin, that opens
port 11211 and exposes some AMQP commands
over memcached protocol.

The code is pretty simple and looks straightforward.
>From what I can see, it currently supports only SET and GET
operations.

SET(key, value) sends a message to an exchange "key",
with the payload of "value"

GET(key) pops a message from a queue "key".

The installation follows normal plugin installation guidelines
(a recent erlang/otp might be required).

Here's my python session, as a prerequisite
I set up a queue "d", a fanout exchange "d+e"
and a binding between them:

>>> import memcache
>>> mc = memcache.Client(["127.0.0.1:11211"])
>>> mc.set("d+e", "payload")
True
>>> mc.get("d")
'payload'