[rabbitmq-discuss] Using RabbitMQ like ICE or WCF duplex communication channel

Samuel Duncan sduncan at wetafx.co.nz
Thu May 13 22:54:29 BST 2010

If I understand you correctly, this is what we do. There are no durable
consumer queues because the volume of data would kill rabbit in a matter
of minutes. When the consumers disconnect (or are not connected) the
data is disappearing into the ether because there are no queues to
receive it. When a consumer latches to the stream it generates a queue
which starts to store data, but is only a problem if the consumer can't
keep up. If your consumer can't keep up, kill it (and destroy the queue)
or start new instances that share the inbound queue until you have
enough to keep it clear.

--SJD