[rabbitmq-discuss] Bugs filed against debian rabbitmq-server package

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Tue May 11 16:49:11 BST 2010

Hi John,

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 05:34:40PM +0200, John Leuner wrote:
> There are a few bugs filed against the debian package:

Thanks for bringing these to our attention.

> rabbitmq-server: INSTALL file installed
> to /usr/lib/erlang/lib/rabbitmq_server-*/

Hmm, that's filed against 1.6.0 which is pretty ancient. However, it's
still current:

matthew at mrnibble:~$ dpkg -c
/home/matthew/Download/rabbitmq-server_1.7.2-1_all.deb | grep INSTALL
-rw-r--r-- root/root     23346 2010-02-15 16:01
./usr/lib/rabbitmq/lib/rabbitmq_server-1.7.2/INSTALL

I'll file a bug internally to get this fixed in the next release - looks
to me like it still exists in our source tree.

> rabbitmq-server: Provide defaults in init.d

Yup, again looks valid - we seem to have blank lines for these cases:
# Default-Start:
# Default-Stop:
it's possible that there's a reason for that, but I'll check and get it
fixed if not.

> rabbitmq-server: Please
> provide /etc/default/rabbitmq, /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.conf

Yeah, our configuration system isn't in the best of health, and related
documentation is anemic at best. We have a pretty high priority bug open
to sort all of this out but it's unlikely to make it for the next major
release.

Matthew