[rabbitmq-discuss] MTU

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Sat May 8 13:05:39 BST 2010

Hi Gustavo,

Gustavo Aquino <aquino.gustavo at gmail.com> writes:
> I want to know if I post a message with 213 Bytes whats your MTU? whats the
> oversize ? And what MTU for high throughput ? if I change my network
> interface to 2000 MTU Rabbit will follow it ?

The MTU is decided by the operating system's network stack.  As Emile
said, RabbitMQ has no way to observe or control the MTU.

I'm not sure why you would be concerned about the MTU.  Perhaps you
could tell us what you are trying to achieve, in order for us to give
useful advice?  Otherwise, MTU settings are probably something to
discuss on an operating system specific forum.

David

--
David Wragg
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ