[rabbitmq-discuss] Really bizarre startup issue...

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu May 6 19:35:20 BST 2010

Robert,

Robert Nickel wrote:
> Cleaned out the files and ran the test: [...]
> Same results, unfortunately.

*sigh*. It might be worth adding some debugging output to
/usr/lib/rabbitmq/bin/rabbitmq-server, just to see whether starting
rabbit actually gets as far as running that script (and if so, how far
into it).

> FWIW:
> [root at sdcloudsh01 ~]# uname -rvmi
> 2.6.18-53.el5PAE #1 SMP Mon Nov 12 02:55:09 EST 2007 i686 i386

Is there another machine on which you could try to get rabbit installed?
That way we could rule out any peculiarities with that particular machine.

And/or could you give one of the rabbit team access to the above machine?

Regards,

Matthias.