[rabbitmq-discuss] Unbinding when not bound

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu May 6 12:23:56 BST 2010

Hi Roaan,

The broker is required to raise a connection exception if an unbind
fails, so you are witnessing expected behaviour.

Duplicate bindings will be ignored, so you can prevent the exception by
performing a (possibly duplicate) binding immediately prior to unbind.

The client is expected to keep track of bindings under normal
circumstances though. I assume this is impossible in your case - can you
explain why?

-Emile