[rabbitmq-discuss] Unofficial guide to AMQP 1.0 PR3

Davorin Rusevljan davorin.rusevljan at gmail.com
Thu May 6 07:16:05 BST 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 12:38 AM, Michael Bridgen <mikeb at lshift.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> I'd like to second Alexis's request for eyes on the new AMQP 1.0 spec
> ("PR3").
>
> To help out, here is a brief guide to the spec, with reference to the
> AMQP 0-8 implemented in RabbitMQ.  I've left out a lot of details, so I
> encourage everyone to read the spec in depth, and simply use this guide
> as a map of the territory to get started.

Hi, and thank you for the summary.

I am afraid that I am still new to AMQP 0.8, not to mention 1.0. But to my
inexperienced eyes, I do not see much connection between the two, as if they
are completely different standards :)

This of course raises the question should I invest my time in learning 0.8
and products that use it, or try to jump the wagon of 1.0.

What would you say, in what state is 1.0 specs is it about to be published
soon, and what are the plans for RabbitMQ support for it?

Thanks!

Davorin Rusevljan