[rabbitmq-discuss] PHP Rabbit Extension

Pieter de Zwart pdezwart at rubiconproject.com
Tue Mar 30 18:29:23 BST 2010

Hey Michael,

To be honest, Im poking in the dark. I have had repeated emails/tickets
about people having to add the connection parameter to our
amqp_get_rpc_reply call. Based on some limited research and chatting with
Tony, it seemed to me that requiring that function parameter meant that they
were using the 0-9-1 rabbitmq-c client header file, and therefore we running
the 0-9-1 client.
Does that answer your question, or did I miss the point?

Pieter

On 3/30/10 8:34 AM, "Michael Bridgen" <mikeb at lshift.net> wrote:

> Hi Pieter,
>
> I cannot give a response on the C client -- I leave that to Tony --
> however I may be able to offer advice otherwise, since I worked on 0-9-1
> support in RabbitMQ.  When you say "people tell us [..] they were
> running 0-9-1" do you mean they are running RabbitMQ on the amqp_0_9_1
> branch?
>
> Regards,
> Michael
>
> Pieter de Zwart wrote:
>> > Alright, I am going to plead my case one more time. We have had a few
>> > people tell us that, since they were running 0-9-1, they needed to tweak
>> > our plugin for it to compile, always having to add that blasted
>> > connection parameter to amqp_get_rpc_reply. Is there ANY WAY you might
>> > consider adding compiler flags, like VERSION ³0-9-1² or something so
>> > that we can handle the different signatures transparently (unless you
>> > know of another way, or course)? I want to provide the best possible
>> > experiences to my users, particularly in these early days, and compiler
>> > errors don¹t sit well with me. If the signatures for a version change,
>> > so be it, it will be up to us to keep up with it.
>> >
>> > Thank you,
>> > Pieter

This