[rabbitmq-discuss] Consumer stop to receive messages but continue listening queue problem.

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Fri Mar 12 14:44:12 GMT 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:21:44AM -0300, Gustavo Aquino wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Matthew Sackman <matthew at lshift.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 12:00:52AM -0300, Gustavo Aquino wrote:
> > > I'm running my RabbitMQ in one server, and have 2 producers in other
> > server
> > > posting ~2000 messages /s , and have 4 consumers in one server and other
> > 4
> > > in other.
>
> Sorry but I don't understand why we have 4kHz in total.

2kHz * 2. Maybe you were giving cumulative rates and you meant 2kHz
inbound in total?

> All 8 consumers are listening the same queue.

Ahhh! So each consumer will receive 1/8th of the messages. Thus if we
have 2kHz inbound, we will now have 2kHz outbound.

?

> This is the point, I think that we will be the first in this environment, I
> tried to found some experiences in Internet but don't found nothing. I'm
> using Erlang R12 yes I know it's very old, but RH have only this version
> compiled for ppc, I'm trying to install R13B but having some compiling
> problems with ncourses, but It's other e-mail :).

You should be able to compile erlang without requiring ncurses, but
you'd at least have to provided a number of extra flags to configure.

> Sorry, I put wrong values, my fault, My message size have 180 Bytes ~
> 1Kbytes.

Right, so we've gone from world-beating network performance to about
2MB/s. :D

> And all in the same queue. Another information Rabbit always crash
> with queue size get Rabbit's memory limit I try to found but don't see a way
> to configure queue to drop messages after a specific size or memory limit.

What is the crash message, what are the entries in Rabbit's logs?

Matthew