[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ and Qpid Java Client

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 14:43:23 GMT 2010

Stefan,

Your assumption is correct.  The Qpid Java client that speaks AMQP
0-10 will not work with the RabbitMQ broker which speaks 0-8.

Your options are as follows:

1. Use the RabbitMQ Java client, which also lets you use things like
this: http://www.infoq.com/news/2010/03/amqp_support_spring_integration

2. Use the Qpid JMS client set for AMQP 0-8.

3. Use the OpenAMQ JMS client

4. Use the Qpid JMS client set for AMQP 0-91 and the RabbitMQ 0-91
build (from source).

alexis