[rabbitmq-discuss] limit number of messages buffered in memory in new persister

tsuraan tsuraan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 15:49:37 GMT 2010

> How close to exactly 20 msgs/sec was it? If it was startlingly close, we
> could be seeing some kind of nagling-like delay being introduced by the
> TCP stack: 20 msgs/sec is 50 ms/msg. Does that seem like a familiar
> delay-constant to anyone?

Along this thought, I didn't notice what client alex chen is using,
but the amqplib doesn't disable Nagle.  I don't know if nagle has to
be disabled client and server side, but I would think it would.
Anyhow, for amqplib adding a TCP_NODELAY after the socket creation is
an easy thing to try, if alex is using amqplib.