[rabbitmq-discuss] Crash reports for bug21673 branch

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Wed Mar 3 00:55:35 GMT 2010

Scott,

scott w wrote:
> The whole file is hundreds of MB. I've attached a gzipped copy of the
> first 10K lines of output from rabbit-sasl.log. The rabbit.log file
> doesn't have anything interesting, just info level messages about
> connections being established.
>
> I'm not forwarding to the main list since I don't want to send 66K of
> data to everyone.
>
> Also to answer Matthew's question about which version I am using, here
> is what "hg summary" reports:
>
> parent: 2781:9e0c76ab1039 tip
>  merge default ⇨ bug 21673
> branch: bug21673
> commit: 182 unknown (clean)
> update: (current)
>
> Any feedback would be helpful.

The first entry in the sasl log does indeed point to the problem:

=CRASH REPORT==== 27-Feb-2010::22:18:11 ===
   crasher:
     initial call: gen:init_it/7
     pid: <0.194.0>
     registered_name: rabbit_msg_store_gc
     exception exit: {unhandled_info,
                         {file_handle_cache,maximum_eldest_since_use,
                             1586.6666666666667}}
       in function  gen_server2:terminate/6
     ancestors: [rabbit_msg_store,rabbit_sup,<0.76.0>]
     messages: []
     links: [<0.193.0>]
     dictionary: [{fhc_age_tree,{0,nil}}]
     trap_exit: false
     status: running
     heap_size: 10946
     stack_size: 24
     reductions: 42501230341
   neighbours:

The bug that causes this got fixed on 18-Feb, whereas the version you
are running is two days older. So updating your checkout to the latest
version will give you happier rabbit.

Regards,

Matthias.