[rabbitmq-discuss] Debugging rabbitmq crash

Matt Calder mvcalder at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 14:19:27 BST 2010

So, I still get the same error with latest erlang and latest rabbitmq.
I sent a message yesterday that I think did not go through ( I got an
error message from the mail delivery system). Anyway that had the
stack trace from the two python apps doing the messaging. The server
process died thusly:

 File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/amqplib/client_0_8/transport.py",
line 125, in write_frame
 File "<string>", line 1, in sendall
socket.error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

and the client:

 File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/amqplib/client_0_8/method_framing.py",
line 215, in read_method
IOError: Socket closed

Rabbit is still running and I can just restart the pair of processes
and they work (thanks Matthias for the suggestion to check that).

I don't think rabbit is the culprit in this. I should have mentioned,
I am running the messaging through stunnel (it is all local to one
machine at the moment, but will be deployed to more machines once it
has been tested). So, I am thinking that may be part of the problem
(nest step, turn off stunnelling).

If anyone has further suggestions at tests I can run, or logs I can
inspect, let me know. Thanks for the help,

Matt