[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ C Client Intermediate Status Source Code

Frank Gönninger frank.goenninger at consequor.de
Thu Jun 24 11:35:40 BST 2010

Hi all:

As said earlier in this place we intend to create an ANSI C compliant DLL/ Dynamic Library providing a C language interface to RabbitMQ. This code - in pure IN WORK - NOT FUNCTIONING AT ALL status - has been uploaded to

http://github.com/dg1sbg/RabbitMQ_C_VS_Unix

The code is based on the source code provided by RabbitMQ themselves and was modified to avoid GNU specialties wherever possible so far. Now we've hit a road block:

The files amqp_framing.c and amqp_framing.h are generated from the AMQP protocol spec. The utility used to do so is codegen.py, a python script.

Now, codegen.py emits GNU C specific code - that leaves us with "a lot of work" to modify codegen.py to

A. Either emit ANSI C code using pure functions and avoid C "macros", or

B. Emit the same #ifdef'ed code structure that has been used manually to adapt all other source and header files.

Meanwhile, due to presssing project deadlines, we stopped working on his approach and have resorted to the MINGW alternative for coding our application. In latest two months time, however, we will be facing a situation where we need to deliver a Visual Studio 2010 project used by the client to build the code (then to be deployed on a Windows Server 2008-based machine).

Any help, suggestions, comments, feedback, etc really appreciated.

So long -

    Frank