[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit crash, new persister

Alexis Richardson alexis at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jun 21 15:55:11 BST 2010

John

We commercially support RabbitMQ on Windows and provide support for
100% free packages through this list.  RabbitMQ has a large number of
deployments on Windows and .NET.  People can rely on us to care about
this.

RabbitMQ was the first AMQP implementation to support the CLR and WCF,
back in Feb 2008.  It was the first to provide an AMQP broker as a
Windows service.  This codebase has been actively improved
continuously since then.  However, since not every version of Windows
behaves the same way, there's no doubt more quirks to be hunted down
and dealt with or accommodated.

RabbitMQ is also being integrated with Spring.NET thereby offering
customers TWO production frameworks for Windows based applications.
Although it has not been released yet, we have also integrated
rabbitmqctl into Windows management - effectively porting the
Alice/Wonderland model to a 100% Windows metaphor.

In the cloud, independence from the underlying hardware does not free
you from the limitations of the O/S.  So we expect to continue to
support Windows and .NET in the cloud.  Please do however note that
Azure is a PaaS, offering a different runtime from vanilla .NET.

Best wishes

alexis