[rabbitmq-discuss] is there java client 1.8.0 changelog or migration howto?

mabrek mabrek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 11:38:06 BST 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Matthew Sackman <matthew at rabbitmq.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 01:18:23PM +0400, mabrek wrote:
>> After digging deeper I found that ability to pass several addresses to
>> ConnectionFactory was removed.
>> private newConnection(Address[] addresses, ...) still has the loop
>> through array of addresses but it's never used since
>> newConnection(...) is always called with single address.
>
> If the server sends a redirect back to the client then the client will
> act upon it. The server can send several redirects, which is why the
> loop is still there - it's for processing the responses from the client.
>
> Why did you have need for the old API?

I used the ability to pass several addresses as a fallback approach.
When client fails to connect to first address it switches to second
and so on. It was implemented in your code but now I have to
reimplement it in my. It's not a big deal anyway.

>> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 12:48 PM, mabrek <mabrek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I updated java client dependency from 1.7.2 to 1.8.0 in my project and
>> > it failed to compile due to ConnectionParameters that had been
>> > removed.
>
> Yeah, the connectionfactory has been vastly improved and is almost
> approaching idiomatic Java now.

Yes, it looks better now.

>> > Is there changelog or something like java client migration howto?
>
> Nope. We've not written such a thing.

It may be useful just to list incompatible changes somewhere.

Regards,
Anton Lebedevich.