[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq Crash

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jun 18 08:14:50 BST 2010

Waqas,

Waqas Badar wrote:
> Yesterday again rabbitmq was crashed. Please find rabbit.log,
> rabbit-sasl.log and erl_crash.dump file attached with this mail.

The logs again are for a secondary crash, i.e. rabbit started up and
failed to recover the persister log. We need to see the log files for
the original crash. If you are on a fairly standard install they should
be in rabbit.log.1 and rabbt-sasl.log.1 (these files may be large; if so
please upload them somewhere rather than posting to the list).

> Please  note that it was crash on rabbitmq 1.7.1. We are upgrading the rabbitmq
> to 1.8.0. Can you please check the files and let us know that these bugs
> have been fixed in 1.8.0 version?

Chances are that rabbit ran out of memory. That can still happen in
1.8.0 but it is much less likely.

Also, please follow Matthew's recommendation and install a 64-bit
version of Erlang, so that rabbit can actually use all the memory available.

Regards,

Matthias.