[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ - Not able to get sets of messages in the same order

Oleg Zhurakousky ozhurakousky at vmware.com
Thu Jun 10 15:38:31 BST 2010

Not sure about C# API, and how you are building the next set of messages, but here is what I belive is happening.

Channel prefetch messages. That is different then invoking a consumer. THis means that you might have 1000 prefetched messages in your channel, while you are still processing 21st message. Whatever you un-acknowledge is put back into the queue once the channel is closed. AMQO does not define an ordering of messages for re-queueing.
One way to leverage this scenario is to set prefetchCount to 1. This way there will never me more then one prefetched messages in your channel.

Oleg