[rabbitmq-discuss] problem with rabbitmq-server/Makefile

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jun 10 11:02:10 BST 2010

Matthias,

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 07:34:10AM +0100, Matthias Radestock wrote:
> alex chen wrote:
> >>Could you also please post the complete output of the failing
> >>'make' invocation?
> >
> >attached please find the file "make.out" that has the output from make-3.80.
>
> It looks like that run succeeded. Can you show us the output of a
> run that failed? You may have to run 'make clean' first.

No, that's wrong. That is a failed run.

> Also, for some reason it doesn't show the complete 'erlc' commands,
> i.e. the file name is missing. Do you always get that on your
> system?

If the dependency generation fails then that's the result - you get the
right number of erlc commands, but they're missing all the arguments.
It's possible something that we're doing with the dynamic dependency
generation is sufficiently novel that it exposes bugs in older versions
of make.

Matthew