[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ and C Interface

Frank Gönninger frank.goenninger at consequor.de
Mon Jun 7 14:28:24 BST 2010

Hi all:

We're currently working on a Visual Studio 2010 Project for the RabbitMQ C library. It will take a few more days (we estimate 2 weeks from now) until this is completed. We will post here when we're ready.

Cheers
  Frank

Am 07.06.2010 um 01:29 schrieb David Wragg:

> Hi J.,
>
> J76 <newsjimi at gmail.com> writes:
>> We have an distributed application written in CPP (on windows) , and
>> We would like replace our communication library with rabbitmq.  So the
>> RabbitMQ C client is EXPERIMENTAL, Exists a module like
>> erl_interface.h for rabbitmq? We would like to avoid
>> http://markmail.org/message/2phdwvrvwc57ya5m.
>
> Currently there is no mature option for acessing rabbitmq from C/C++ on
> Windows.  As you say, the rabbitmq-c client is experimental, and does
> not currently support Windows.  The OpenAMQ C client may be an
> alternative, but that route relies on 0.9.1 support, which is also
> experimental in RabbitMQ.
>
> We haven't abandoned rabbitmq-c, but at the moment we're not in a
> position to say what the future may hold for it.
>
> Another suggestion, which may or may not be relevant to your situation:
> I've had success in the past on Windows calling C# code from other
> languages via COM.  In that way, you might be able to use the RabbitMQ
> C# client, which is supported.  But this approach is fairly contorted,
> and whether it makes sense would depend upon the details of your
> project.
>
> David
>
> --
> David Wragg
> Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ
> SpringSource, a division of VMware

  C o n s e q u o r   C o n s u l t i n g   A G
  Frank Goenninger

  E-Mail: frank.goenninger at consequor.de
  Phone: +49 711 781 181-10
  Fax:   +49 711 781 181-11

  Consequor Consulting AG
  Liebknechstr. 33
  D-70565 Stuttgart

  Vorstand: Frank Gönninger (Vors.), Martin Melcher
  Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dipl.-Kfm. Matthias Filbinger
  Sitz der Gesellschaft: 70565 Stuttgart, Deutschland
  Registergericht Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 727446