[rabbitmq-discuss] Query - Batch Consume

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jul 29 12:39:44 BST 2010

Hi Abhishek,

Abhishek K <abhishek.kona at gmail.com> writes:
> I am just checking out RabbitMQ for use at a small company.
> I need to know if there is Batch Consume Option and even batch publish .
>
> (Basically instead of sending messages one by one, the messages can be sent
> to the Consumer in one network transfer)
> Is there any plugin available for it.
> It would be great if you point me to some links.

Batch operations are normally useful in a protocol with synchrnous
operations, so that rather than having to wait for a response on each
operation, a client can perform many operations and only wait for one
response.

But the publish and consume operations in AMQP are not synchronous, so
it's not clear what efficiency improvements could be allowed by batch
operations.

> Also can you give me some links /guides for Clustering ?

See the clustering guide at <http://www.rabbitmq.com/clustering.html>.
If you are interested in clustering, you probably also want to look at
the active/passive failover guide at
<http://www.rabbitmq.com/pacemaker.html>.

David

--