[rabbitmq-discuss] New Persister merged into default

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jul 26 16:11:40 BST 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 10:59:43AM -0600, Scott Brooks wrote:
> Will this be RabbitMQ 2.0 when it gets released?  I figure 14 months
> is worth a 2.0

Apparently we have policy on version numbers, even for major version
number changes: http://www.rabbitmq.com/faq.html#version-numbering:

"major: This number indicates the major version of the software. It is
only changed for significant alterations to the software, such as (for
instance) a total rewrite"

Whilst a lot of code got rewritten, and a lot of code got added, I don't
think this counts as a "total rewrite" so alas, I don't think this will
be a 2.0.

Matthew