[rabbitmq-discuss] General questions about HA, Stability/Reliability and Broker Administration

Miguel Morales therevoltingx at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 09:59:38 BST 2010

Just to comment, it took me about an hour to set up (the latest at the
time) rabbitmq on CentOS 5.  I wrote a blog post about it here, maybe
it'll be helpful:
http://developingthedream.blogspot.com/2009/10/rabbitmq-erlang-client-yay.html

You can ignore the whole new project part, but installing rabbitmq
itself is fairly straightforward.
For management, there's Alice:
http://willcodeforfoo.com/2009/07/13/announcing-alice/

Apparently, with the new persister, rabbitmq can save messages to disk
before any crashes.  You can read more about it here:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/faq.html

However, I personally use a backup message storing system (PostgreSQL)
and redeliver undelivered messages (my queues are not durable.)  This
however makes for extra code.

Others might provide more insight, but that's my 2 cents from my
particular usage case.

http://diastrofunk.com,
http://www.youtube.com/user/revoltingx, ~Isaiah 55:8-9