[rabbitmq-discuss] General questions about HA, Stability/Reliability and Broker Administration

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Sun Jul 25 01:18:38 BST 2010

Hi Scott,

Scott Brooks <scott at beamdog.com> writes:
> I think the problem with CentOS 5.5/EPEL is that it includes erlang
> R12B-5(last I checked)
>
> That's perfectly fine to get up and running on, but the general wisdom
> AFAIK is if you are going into production you want to be on R13-B03 or
> above for the GC improvements.

It's true that R13 versions are preferred.  On the other hand, we
currently support erlang versions back to R12-B3, and therefore rabbitmq
is supported in EPEL5.  I hope that no-one wanting to try rabbit is
investing hours of effort to build a later erlang version, unless they
are sure that their application really needs it.

David

--
David Wragg
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ