[rabbitmq-discuss] compiling rabbitmq-c under mingw

Jim Irrer irrer at umich.edu
Fri Jul 23 20:46:59 BST 2010

Ok, that was no help at all,    :)
but I got it working.

The big key is to replace all of the socket calls with Windows
compatible calls (which you probably did):

write --> sendto
read --> recvfrom
close --> closesocket
htons macro --> htons function
use MS inet_addr function
call WSAStartup before you do anything
(not sure if I listed all of them)

It seems to me that generating code on site using Python is
a little heavy handed - requires installation of Python.  Simpler
would be to package code for each protocol version and then
control which was being used with #if statements.  Just a suggestion.

Thanks,

- Jim

Jim Irrer     irrer at umich.edu       (734) 647-4409
University of Michigan Hospital Radiation Oncology
519 W. William St.             Ann Arbor, MI 48103