[rabbitmq-discuss] Newbie question: How to listen for a certain message content ?

Frank Gönninger frank.goenninger at consequor.de
Wed Jul 21 18:30:31 BST 2010

Hi all,

being an old Tibco "user" (Tibco Rendezvous) I am looking for a way to listen for a "subject" while not having to create separate queues for each subject.

I have event messages where I need to have always the same event message structure and have different event classes. Is there a way to not have queues like

event.application.start
event.application.abort
event.application.shutdown
event.application.terminated

etc et  but rather

have one queue

events

with subjects

application.start etc being part of the message...

I only want my consumer to be awakened when the "right" message is arriving ... Yeah, pubsub is it, but how to do this with RabbitMQ ?

Thanks for helping a newbie do the first baby steps ...

Cheers
  Frank

--
  C o n s e q u o r   C o n s u l t i n g   A G
  Frank Goenninger

  E-Mail: frank.goenninger at consequor.de
  Phone: +49 711 781 181-10
  Fax:   +49 711 781 181-11

  Consequor Consulting AG
  Liebknechstr. 33
  D-70565 Stuttgart

  Vorstand: Frank Gönninger (Vors.), Martin Melcher
  Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dipl.-Kfm. Matthias Filbinger
  Sitz der Gesellschaft: 70565 Stuttgart, Deutschland
  Registergericht Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 727446