[rabbitmq-discuss] reg rabbithub how to

Michael Bridgen mikeb at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 21 10:44:55 BST 2010

Hi Akhil,

> Yup, I can see it.
>
> I meant I needed any HTTP way of accessing queues and exchanges.
> Is there anything that I should be aware of while using it?

Depends what you mean by "accessing".  For instance, PuSH, and thereby
RabbitHub, doesn't have a discovery mechanism.  It's just the messaging.

One thing to be aware of is that RabbitHub treats PuSH as a symmetric
messaging protocol -- on one side it accepts subscriptions from
downstream (the "subscription" interface, e.g.,
http://localhost:55672/rabbithub/subscription/q/myqueue), and on the
other it accepts messages from upstream (the "endpoint" interface, e.g.,
http://localhost:55672/endpoint/x/amq.fanout).

It's also content-agnostic, and doesn't try to do any of the XML/Atom
processing implied in the PuSH specification.

Each exchange and queue in RabbitHub is exposed as its own PuSH hub,
with the topics being AMQP routing keys.  You can also create and delete
exchanges and queues using PUT and DELETE.

Michael.