[rabbitmq-discuss] reg rabbithub how to

Michael Bridgen mikeb at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 21 10:13:09 BST 2010

> I compiled and installed rabbithub as a rabbitmq plugin from github.
>
> What do I do next? I mean how do I begin using it.

The rabbitmqctl status output you posted suggests you got it running OK,
but for the record:  If you've successfully compiled it, you can either
symlink in into rabbitmq-server/plugins/ or drop the rabbithub.ez in the
same place.  RabbitMQ should then tell you the RabbitHub has started up
during boot.

It will be running under control of RabbitMochiweb at
http://localhost:55672/rabbithub/

In general you'll need to address endpoints, e.g.,
http://localhost:55672/rabbithub/endpoint/x/amq.direct

> I am trying to use it primarily as a REST way for consuming from queues.

RabbitHub implements PubSubHubbub (a.k.a., PuSH), which isn't RESTful
(and shouldn't be).  However, it *is* a fairly idiomatic use of HTTP.

Hope this helps; have fun!

Michael