[rabbitmq-discuss] Spring AMQP 1.0 Milestone 1 released

Mark Fisher markfisher at vmware.com
Tue Jul 20 15:12:26 BST 2010

A few recent mails on this list have referred to the Spring AMQP 1.0 M1 release, so I wanted to take this opportunity to *formally* announce it here.

Indeed, the first milestone release of the Spring AMQP 1.0 project is now available for both Java and .NET, and you can download the distribution ZIPs from the SpringSource community download page:
Spring AMQP for Java:  http://www.springsource.com/download/community?project=Spring%20AMQP
Spring AMQP for .NET:  http://www.springsource.com/download/community?project=Spring%20AMQP.NET

I would highly recommend reading the Reference Manual(s):
for Java:  http://static.springsource.org/spring-amqp/docs/1.0.x/reference/htmlsingle/
for .NET:  http://static.springsource.org/spring-amqp-net/docs/1.0.x/reference/html/

(If you just want to get a quick feel for the programming model, at least browse Chapter 3: Sample Applications).

For all other resources (source code repository, issue tracker, forum, etc.), please visit the homepage: http://www.springsource.org/spring-amqp

For those using Maven, the Spring AMQP for Java M1 JARs are available from the SpringSource milestone repository. Here is the relevant POM excerpt:
    <repository>
        <id>repository.springframework.maven.milestone</id>
        <name>Spring Framework Maven Milestone Repository</name>
        <url>http://maven.springframework.org/milestone</url>
    </repository>

Finally, to briefly describe the goals of the project, here is an excerpt for the official announcement on springsource.org:
"Spring AMQP makes common Spring idioms available to developers who are building AMQP-based messaging solutions. For example, building a messaging application that uses RabbitMQ (http://rabbitmq.com) as a broker will feel quite similar to building an application based on Spring's JMS support. To learn more about the project, visit the Spring AMQP Homepage (http://www.springsource.org/spring-amqp). There you will find links to the Reference Manual, Forum, Issue Tracker, and more."

We are really looking forward to feedback from the community to help drive the project as we progress toward a GA release.

Regards,
Mark